Friday, February 12, 2010

The City's Best | m three studio photography

I introduce to you m three studio photography, owned by Molly Michel.






And, because I just can't help sharing one of my favorites from our wedding day.




1. How long have you worked in the wedding industry?
2.5 years, full-time. My husband and I started my photography business essentially on our own wedding day. A reshuffling at my day job caused me to take what had been an on-the-side fun job and turn it into my own business full-time. My business cards arrived on our wedding day, so I've always thought of our wedding day as the beginning of m three studio as well.

2. Describe your style and approach.
I create Fine Art Wedding Photography. My clients commission me to create my art for them in a way that tells the story of their relationship and their wedding day. I have a deep love affair with light and color, and both play prominent roles in my work. I aim to create a memorable photography experience as much as beautiful images.

3. What sets you apart from other vendors in your expertise?
My background is decidedly old-school. I have degrees in fine art printmaking, animation and film. I also have worked as a graphic designer, art director and production designer. This gives me a unique approach to a day - my training allows me to see the big picture and the still frames that make up a story. I take what is in front of me and create a total look from it that is edited to be cohesive and subservient to the larger story arc. I've always been inspired by a sense of place and history and these are the themes that I gravitate towards on a wedding day. I want to deliver images that show who a couple is, not just what is happening.

4. What's your best piece of wedding planning advice for brides?
Don't take on more than you can happily manage. Notice I said "happily". The biggest mistake I made in my planning was not delegating more, and failing to see the value in exchanging expenses for time. If I could do it again, I would hire a planner from the beginning. I had so many projects and wanted to accomplish so much for our wedding that I didn't get to enjoy being engaged. There were so many projects I could have easily hired someone else to handle, create and manage. I wish I had. By the time our wedding came around I was beyond stressed, overworked, and spinning on so many levels and I couldn't really enjoy and appreciate what was happening. You only get one wedding day and one engagement - invest in enjoying it.

5. Just for fun, share something unique about yourself.
One nugget of my past life that seems to shock people the most : I used to be in pageants. In college I participated in the Miss America system for a couple of years. (This was before it became a reality show.) I learned a lot about myself, my abilities and about communication. I also learned that if you can walk on stage in 4" heels and a bikini in front of hundreds of people, you can do just about anything.

Chat with m three studio photography:
Ring: 262-497-7246
Web: mthreestudio.com
Blog: mthreestudioblog.com
Twitter: @mthreestudio

Molly, congrats on being one of The City's Best and thank you for sharing your contagious laughter, talent and passion with Milwaukee brides!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Meghan! I'm so honored to be included in your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I love Molly's work. And the photos I've seen from your wedding, of course! :) And, I looove the first photo too and how the branch from the tree looks almost like a heart. She's so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos from a talented artist!

    ReplyDelete