Tuesday, February 23, 2010

You Don't Want a Cheap Wedding, Trust Me!

I hate the word cheap, it is a dirty dirty word and should be expelled from the English language and therefore never again used in the wedding industry. Sure, something cheap is low in cost but it is also low in quality.

So many brides are looking for cheap photography, entertainment, catering, etc. and when I am asked who those "cheap" vendors are I am normally a little stunned. Sorry, I don't refer cheap vendors, some may be more affordable than others, but none offer a cheap quality.

I myself was a Recessionista Bride looking to get the most from my budget so I can relate to the brides who are seeking the benefits of a "cheap" vendor but please don't compromise the quality of your wedding day just to save a few bucks. There are definitely some very quality vendors around that are affordable for your budget. Trust me, I found them and my wedding was far from one that was lacking quality.

One more thing, you may have noticed already but try and replace the word cheap with affordable. Beyond the fact that it's a nicer sounding word, I also find it less insulting. No vendor wants to be known as the cheap guy in town.

6 comments:

  1. Agree. There is always a way to find an "affordable" version of a high-end idea - without sacrificing style. This post is full of good advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! I've come to the conclusion that none of the vendors I CAN recommend, and feel confident and comfortable recommending, just aren't "cheap" vendors. And I've come to terms with that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! Great points! And, I don't like the word "cheap" either. *Shudders*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely take the time to search out quality! You'll be thankful when you get the wedding photos back, the video, and the compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen to that! Cheap is a dirty dirty word!

    ReplyDelete