Monday, February 1, 2010

Don't Be a No Show!

As I have mentioned before, I help out at Miss Ruby Boutique every Saturday and I love it! It allows me to witness brides in action and help them in another capacity. Last Saturday however, I was very disappointed in the actions of a few brides. I am not sure why, but when brides appear to be uneducated (in a sense of wedding planning) it always bothers me. Most likely because I feel the main purpose of this blog is to educate brides throughout their planning process and guide them to make good decisions.

Anyway, on Saturday there were 2 no show appointments. To many of you this may seem like a ridiculous reason to be upset and at first I wasn't but then I started thinking.

Brides were calling all day long hoping to get a last minute appointment for that day. Unfortunately, we were completely booked and I had to turn them away. But, really if the brides who didn't show up for their appointment had canceled I probably could have accommodated some of those other brides.

My point here is that everyone's time is important and if for some reason you can't attend a meeting or appointment just let us know. We will be happy to reschedule and accommodate you in any way that we can.

Still aren't convinced it's important to cancel? Think of it like this. By canceling your appointment or meeting you are opening up an opportunity for another bride. Maybe you are making her planning less stressful, allowing her an opportunity to hire a vendor before her date is booked, or just allowing her to do a little more planning that day. For whatever reason, remember that you are helping her.

Please, please, please, cancel the appointments you can't attend. It will make me feel so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment