Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Don't Worry...

about how your wedding will look in 20 years.

A recent conversation with a bride made me realize that every bride at one time during their planning process thinks, "Oh my gosh, in 20 years, my wedding is going to look so dated." And my response to that is yes, it probably will, but that's okay.

My advice to any bride that is in this rut is to make decisions and selections based upon what you really want and are happy with now. You will be living this day now and not in 20 years, so stop thinking that way and allowing it to influence your decisions. Also, when you look back at your photos in the future you will be remembering the emotion and amazing memories from that day, not that you wore a feather in your hair, purple shoes, or a colorful bolero jacket.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, can you blame people for thinking that though after seeing some of the 80's wedding dresses and bangs! :

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! Absolutely! As long as you feel your most beautiful and fabulous that one day, who cares if everything is a fashion faux pas down the line? If anything, it'll give your future children and grandchildren something to laugh about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SUCH good advice. I was so, so, SO worried about this when I was a bride that I forwent MANY of fabulous things/styles I really LOVED and instead chose "safer" alternatives...and I totally regret it.

    Aliza has the right attitude. :-)

    ReplyDelete