Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Kicking off 2010 with Randomness...

I am continuously thinking of new ideas that I’d love to see at a wedding but don’t always have the right bride to use them for. So, to kick off 2010 I am sharing some of my favorites in hopes that at least one bride will be inspired and find them useful. Bear with me, they are very random.

How about a patterned wedding dress like this Oscar de la Renta beauty? It’s perfect for a bold spring wedding and would be gorgeous paired with this bridesmaid dress, in clementine of course.

Why not dress your maids in ball skirts like this one from J.Crew? It is totally unexpected but yet not too extreme. (By the way, if you use this idea, please ask me to be in your bridal party. I’ve been dying for an excuse to buy this skirt!)

Why not have an outdoor winter ceremony? If your ceremony is short and sweet it would be beautiful. As the guests walk into the candle lit pavilion hand them a hot chocolate and a blanket and they will be all set. Also, check out this post for some fun winter reception ideas.

In terms of décor, how about an all white wedding? Many people envision white as boring but I think the simplicity is beautiful. By using a mixture of creams and whites you won’t be obsessing on the right color which allows you to design more freely. The options are endless. Of course, in Milwaukee the perfect venue is The Art Museum.

Anyone else have a fun idea they'd like to share?

1 comment: