Monday, January 18, 2010

Don't Leave Us Hanging

Please.

Often times brides meet with many different vendors within an expertise and hire one but never contact those that they don't wish to hire. This can be really frustrating for vendors. There is a lot of time and creativity that goes into customizing a proposal and it would be nice to get some feedback and possibly an explanation from those potential clients that don't follow through.

I am not saying that you need to write a novel to every vendor that you don't hire throughout your planning process but a short email or phone call would be a nice gesture to those vendors who have shared with you thoughts and ideas about your wedding.

I don't have much personal experience with this issue but I know that it is something other vendors deal with frequently. Be courteous and let us know if we aren't the right fit. We want your wedding to be fabulous and will respect your decisions. Just let us know.

3 comments:

  1. Completely agree! It takes only a moment to thank a vendor for their time and tell them you are using someone else - it can save that vendor from losing out on other potential business for the same date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I TOTALLY agree. I made it a point to tell any vendors I contacted that I didn't choose them. I hope that my clients do the same as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say 80% of the potential clients who make contact with me beyond an initial inquiry(by email, phone or in person) don't follow up to let me know why they chose another vendor. Even when I contact them to check on the status of their wedding plans, I often never hear back. Then again, I hear from clients a lot that they call vendors who never bother to call them back,which amazes me. Even if I am booked, I respond with referrals. IMHO it's just simple manners as well as a professional courtesy.

    ReplyDelete