Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My wedding recap

I have been married now for almost 2 months, so I think it is time for a recap.

Since this could get rather lengthy I will just share with you a few highlights of the day.

As I was finishing getting ready, Molly and Monica said they had a gift for me and from around the corner came one of my brides from this summer. I was so excited to see her that I began to cry and seriously, it was the only time during the day that I shed real tears. I was so happy that we both could share our wedding days with each other. She second shot with Molly all day and it was a great gift!

Stylist grew up on a dairy farm so we spent the afternoon running around the farm taking pictures with tractors, barns, and cows. These photos are some of my favorite from the day.

The ceremony was by far my favorite part of the day. I was so excited to become his wife that I tried to soak in every word and emotion during that hour of the day. The feeling of standing next to him in front of all of our friends and family was like nothing I have ever experienced. It makes me smile just thinking about it.

For our reception entertainment we hired dueling pianos. It was Stylist’s idea and well he’s a genius! The entire show was request based which really got our guests involved and enjoying themselves. My favorite moment during the reception was when “Ring of Fire” was requested. My bridesmaids encircled me as we danced and one of the piano players jumped on top the piano and played the trumpet. That song will forever remind me of that moment.

For photos of our wedding check out Mthree Studio’s Blog. She did a fantastic job capturing our day! (Thanks Molly!!)

Thank you to everyone who helped us plan, execute and enjoy our wedding day!!!

4 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention Resl and me painting your nails as you stood in the kitchen in your dress. :-)

    I loved being part of your day! You were so gorgeous, Megs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, how I could forget standing in the kitchen 5 minutes before our first look getting my nails painted. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Besides my own wedding, that was one of my top top top days of the year! Your post makes me smile! :-D It was an honor to be there on your big day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Aliza, thank you so much for being a part of it!!

    ReplyDelete