Monday, December 21, 2009

Blogs that are sure to INSPIRE!

I sometimes hate to admit it, but Milwaukee brides are a tad behind the times of wedding blogging and not to sound dramatic, but you are really missing out on some great inspiration. So, my gift to you this holiday season is a list of my favorite daily wedding reads, which is sure to bring you up to speed.

Pearls Events Blog: This blog is written by Aletha Vandermaas, a Michigan wedding planner, who really knows her stuff. What I love most about this blog is every week it includes a series called, Weekend Eye Candy, which showcases beautiful Michigan weddings and is proof that Midwest weddings can be fabulous!

Style Me Pretty: This blog is really the “it” blog for inspiration. It is updated multiple times a day and showcases many different wedding styles. I highly suggest visiting this website in the early stages of your planning to help you define your style.

Style Me Pretty has also introduced Style Circle, which allows you to create your own inspiration boards. I played around with it the other day and it’s pretty fabulous. You can upload your own photos or use ones that are already provided. It’s really simple to use and will help you to create a cohesive design.

Hostess with the Mostess: This blog isn’t entirely wedding related it but it offers some incredible inspiration. Their posts include recipes, real party themes and popular trends. It’s a really fun blog and will sure to get you thinking about design.

DIY Bride: If you are a crafty bride, this is the blog for you. This blog includes (unique and fun) do-it-yourself project ideas, product reviews, and recommendations for the best crafty products out there. Also, if you are in need of any last minute Christmas ideas, This DIY Bride book is awesome!

What other fabulous wedding blogs are you reading?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Those blogs have been on my Readers for quite some time, but it is always helpful for those newly engaged couples to be able to find website for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, I think there are a lot of brides that are behind the times when it comes to blogs! I live in Tampa, and I had no clue about wedding blogs until I had been engaged for over a year! There are so many ideas, and so much inspiration to be found! These are all of course awesome blogs, and I hope we can spread the word to new brides to start reading blogs!

    ReplyDelete