Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Why City Bride?

To be honest, naming my business was not an easy task for me. I have struggled my whole life coming up with creative names. To prove my inability, I’ll share with you that my childhood cat’s name is Miss Kitty Fischer. My sister and I came up with this name because well, she’s a female cat and we lived on Fischer Avenue. Really creative name, right?

Anyway, when choosing a business name there were certainly things I did not want to include. Such as, adjectives to describe the weddings I plan or my name. I wanted a name that I felt emotionally connected to.

When I chose City Bride, I immediately knew it was the appropriate name. My entire life was spent in a small town and while it was a great place to grow up, I couldn’t wait to explore. When I moved to the city I started what felt like a whole new life. The city is an adventure for me. I love the lights, the architecture, and the diverse cultures. I love the mystery of experiencing new things and the illumination I feel along the way.

This is exactly what wedding planning should be, a new endeavor that brings out excitement and the beginning to a new life. I want to provide brides with a sense of comfort and guidance as they start a new life, just as the city did for me.

I will always be a City Bride.

2 comments:

  1. Emily K {aspiring city bride}November 17, 2009 at 11:08 AM

    Fabulous, as I would expect! Best wishes and I can't wait to see what is to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest sister,
    I hope you don't mind me commenting but I just had to tell you how amazing this all looks! You are brilliant and I love not only the blog of Miss Kitty FISCHER but you too!!!
    Love,
    Your little sister

    ReplyDelete